Travel in Tibet is popular for its breathtaking landscapes and Tibetan local culture. Tibet’s political environment, combined with its varied geography and climate, makes it important to be up to date on the latest travel information.For foreign tourists’ convenience, Visit Tibet is now providing some newly Tibet travel tips for firsthand to make Tibet travel easy and worry free.
Tibet Travel Permits:
Tibet travel permits are now available for groups of all sizes, including individuals, who are planning a tour. Due to political environment, travelers to Tibet must have a valid visa in order to enter. When applying for a Chinese visa, it is best for travelers to mention their inbound destination in Mainland China (such as Beijing or Shanghai) on the application. Due to Tibet’s sensitive political environment, some travelers have had visas refused when mentioning Tibet on the application form. The application process works as follows:
- Travelers schedule a Tibet tour with their travel agency at least one month in advance.
- At least 20 days prior to arrival in Tibet, travelers will need to provide their travel agency with copies of passports and Chinese visa pages.
- As soon as possible, provide a mailing address in China (such as travelers hotel) for permit delivery.
- Bring Permits to the airport or train station and leave for Tibet worry free!
Health and Safety:
Travelers will need to prepare for weather that can sometimes be harsh. Most importantly, travelers need to take steps to prevent acute mountain sickness, also known as altitude sickness! Symptoms can range anywhere from headache and mild dizziness to vomiting or fainting. To minimize the altitude’s affects:
- Try to ascend gradually, allowing plenty of time for acclimatization. Sleep at lower altitudes if possible. Tours of Tibet operated by Visit Tibet Travel Service allow for plenty of time for acclimatization in Lhasa!
- Learn how to recognize the symptoms. According to the US National Library of Medicine, early diagnosis is important. Travelers who notice symptoms early can more quickly take oxygen or move to lower altitudes.
- Acetazolamide (Diamox), may help improve breathing and reduce symptoms of AMS. When taking this medicine, please ask reliable advice from your doctor.
- Keep well hydrated while in Tibet, especially when engaging in physical activity!
- Stay comfortable, stay longer and save more with “Visit Tibet Travel Service”
Tibet is a travel destination drastically different from many other travel destinations. Keeping up to date on the latest travel information can help travelers avoid last minute hassles. Providing the timely and practical Tibet travel advice for firsthand, “Visit Tibet” aims to help travelers have an easy and unforgettable trip in Tibet! With 2019 Tibet tour season right around the corner, travelers are advised to start planning now!
Visit Tibet is a comprehensive travel booking platform designed to service travelers from all over the world who wish to travel Tibet. It is managed by a group of Tibet travel experts. Many local Tibetan accommodations, restaurants, tour operators or travel agents joined our platform. Visit Tibet Travel Service provide a superior one-stop-shop for Tibet holiday solution. This official tourism website is the ultimate online booking platform in Tibet, offering easier and better Tibet tour solutions for all foreign travelers. If you are planning a tour of Tibet, you can expect better prices for better hotels, cars, drivers, Tibetan guides, ticketing and Tibet permits application for both deluxe private tours and quality group tours. Check out more 2019 Tibet Tours packages.